Sunday, December 23, 2007

Back to Square One

It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret.

The announcement has been made. As it turned out, nothing much different then what have been speculated. To most people it must have been anti-climax. To few people like me, the announcement has created more uncertainties and confusions. The new structure has resulted in many people being promoted to say the least. My boss will be reporting to the new divisional VP and our department will be splitted. Two sections from the former unit will also be joining my boss and will be working under the jurisdiction of the newly created VP position. As for me and the rest of the staff of the three sections excluded from joining the VP, we are still unsure of our fate. I like to refrain myself from speculating further as what has been decided has been decided and no turning back. I just hope that the power that be will place us in the current division where we can contribute the best for the company.



My new position in the old unit is a very welcome relief to me in the mids of the organization restructuring melee. Although I just held the position for two weeks already, I have noticed that there are a lot to be done and should have been done before. The first thing I did was to introduced a new working structure that will be fair to all ten of my subordinates. In big compnay like this where your assets are growing everyday, efficient work process and adherence to system procedure is utmost important in ensuring that targets can be encomplished. In my very first meeting with my staff, I emphasized the concept on disciplining others in the company when it comes to requesting assistant from us. As a unit which manages few billion ringgit worth of assets, we could not afford to accomodate others if they fail to help themselves and be organised. Gone where the days where problems of others are also our problems as this accomodating gesture will only promote lackadaisical attitude on the responsible parties. I beleive that we should embrace ourselves to the modern thinking of working efficiently and not expecting others to solve our problem. Yes, we are to help each others to solve common problems but individual issues must be solved individually. To me, to each it's own.






In few days the curtain of 2007 will be closing and the new horizon of 2008 will be beckoning. I don't have specific resolution to make for the new year but I hope that more people will be happier working in this company with the new organization changes announced last week. As usual for a muslim, I strongly beleive in qada' and qadar Allah. But I also beleive in working hard and making total commitment towards our responsibility. In the end, it's not what others' think about us that matters... as long as what we do is being redha' by Allah..Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment