Monday, May 7, 2007

A Glorious Day for Photography..

Off late, the weather has been kinda gloomy and overcast if not raining. However, on Sunday afternoon, the weather suddenly turned into a glorious day with blue sky and high thin cloud covering most part of Shah Alam. I took this oppurtunity to snap several photos of BJ and the area surrounding the Shah Alam State mosque. This time, I decided to use my 10-22mm lens to capture the moments as widely as possible. Mind you, this lens has a slight fish-eye characteristics and you will find images at the edges will be slightly distorted. Many people like this characteristics as it can give a new look or perspective of the thing we normally see with the naked eyes. Please take a look at the following photos and I would appreciate comments on the pictures so that I can improve in my next available oppurtunity...







I know the Shah Alam state mosque is probably one of the views most amature photographers like myself, would love to take pictures of. To some extend, the mosque beautiful dome and minaret views have become so common and banal. Thus, I tried to capture this scenic views of the mosque from different angles and thanks to the good backlighting of the late evening sun.



I also took the oppurtunity to capture the MBSA building and the Bluewave Hotel from the other side of the pond, adjacent to the mosque parking area. Again, the late evening sun almost sunset in fact, helped in lighting up the images...





As I was walking towards my car for home when I managed to capture one last image of the sunset behind some trees...I thought this worth sharing with others...

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Gondai,good photos, but need to create more dramatic expression to the scene. to polish more on techniques.

    ReplyDelete