This article was forwarded to me by my other half. The message I would say is " People will do anything for the thing they like to do ". This is a case of a photographer photographing a photographer. The following photographs were taken by Hans van de Vorst at the Grand Canyon, in Arizona. The descriptions are Hans' own. The identity of the subject photographer is unknown
I was simply stunned seeing this guy standing on this solitary rock in the Grand Canyon. The canyon's depth is 2,700 feet where the photograph was taken.
1. How did he get onto the island rock in the first place?
2. Why not take the picture on that rock to the right, which is perfectly safe?
3. How is he going to get back?
After the sun set behind the canyon's horizon he packed his things and prepared himself for the jump. This took about 2 minutes for him to make the jump.
He has a camera, tripod and a plastic bag, all on his shoulder or in his left hand. Only his right hand is free to grab the rock. He landed low on his jump and his right foot sli pped away as I took the last picture. He waited for a few seconds, threw his stuff on top of the rock, climbed up and walked away.
Phew ! Talk about courage..Mr CD, would you dare to do that ?
- ► 2008 (22)
- Lunatic Photographer
- Birthday & Life
- What a Weekend !!! Part 3
- What a Weekend !!! Part 2
- What a Weekend !!!: Part1
- Are You Serious Enough ?
- Burden of Responsibility and Sincerity
- Senja di Bukit Jelutong
- Complete Cycle of Human Creation
- What do You Really Want in Life ?
- Professional Advice from a Professional Wannabe......
- Quick Tests and More to Learn..
- Finally...Decision is Here
- Reality and Perception
- Sacrifice and Hajj
- Canon 400D or Nikon 80D ?
- Till Death Do Us Part...Al-Fatihah
- Till Death Do Us Part...Part 2
- Mastery of HTML
- Being Outside at the Time of Magrib
- Ayat of the Day - Al-Baqarah-26
- Praying (Doa') to Allah
- Hariraya Korban di Masjid Bukit Jelutong
- ▼ January (23)